Thursday, August 20, 2009

WHAT TO DO!

We all go through periods where we need to spend less and use what we have. We talk alot about reduce, recycle, reuse, yet it can start in out own home. I mentioned in mt previous post.."Paint what you have"...I have so much stuff I am always inspired by , I buy it yet I don't always get to it. I need to go shopping and get inspired again in my own craft room.

I was talking to a friend and young mom the other day (2oo minutes long distance to be exact, Lauren from 4babyandmom.blogspot.com) and we were talking about cutting back when finances get tight. I told her my #1 rule over the years when I feel I've been spending too much is just stay out of the stores. If you are not in them, you will not spend $$. Gas Station, Food Store, that's it. Is Walmart really cheaper for paper towels and toilet paper when I walk in to spend $20 and walk out having spent $100? Well Janie at Janiegettingoutofdebt blog has the same rule and came up with this list of ideas that I thought I would share. Ideas for recreation rather than shopping.

1. Taking a walk outside.

2. Checking a book out from the library.

3. Reading a book outside on a beautiful day.

4. Reading my favorite blogs.

5. Taking pictures of family and friends.

6. Taking a nice long bath and pretending I am at an elegant spa.

7. Playing with my dog outside.

8. Snuggling with my boyfriend (now husband) or a stuffed animal.

9. Talking to my best friend.

10. Writing an email or letter to keep in touch with a friend or family member.

11. Listen to music on my ipod.

12. Bake cookies, brownies, anything sweet!

13. Volunteer in the community and at church.

14. Pray.

15. Go to church.

16. Make a list of everything I am grateful for.

17. Blow bubbles outside.

18. Swing on a swing set at a playground.

19. Plant flowers in a garden.

20. Dream.

21. Do something artistic.

22. Keep a daily journal of thoughts and experiences.

23. Use my imagination.

24. Watch TV or videos on YouTube.

25. Watch America's Funniest Home Videos.

26. Take a walk along the beach or a lake.

27. Go for a run outside.

28. Google funny words and see what is returned from the search engine.

29. Play with Google Earth and dream of vacations that I could go on around the world.

30. Read anything about travel. I just love to travel the world and see new things but I had to do it from my computer back then!

No comments:

Post a Comment